Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Kind words

The "Long Solutions LLC Newsletter" for November 2009 is distributed by e-mail and is not available on their web site, but I have permission to quote from it:
Some of us do more than others...recycling, that is. Recently I found a recycling effort that struck me as being unique and very useful. We all know that a glass of wine can have beneficial effects for our health, but did you know that the bottle of your favorite wine could be made into a keepsake or gift?

Vienna's own artist, Mary Ellen Larkins, fires bottles in her kiln to produce remarkable cheese platters. Along with a cheese spreader and handsome gift wrapping, this would be an excellent gift for just about anyone.
It's always a treat when someone takes the trouble to say such nice things about my work!

Wait a minute! Did I ever show you my cheese platters? I don't think I did. Well, that oversight is easily remedied:
Click the picture for a better view.

Bottles come with a cheese spreader and are placed in a stylish foil gift bag, all set for you to present to a host, a co-worker, a friend -- anybody!

(PS In addition to wine bottles, I also make platters out of some lovely liquor bottles.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

this is great stuff! i am interested in seeing more of what you do. do you have more photos or sell anything online? thanks! B@TeawithMrsB.com

Dan said...

Please check out more on my blog. My home show is listed and also where I will be at other shows. You can give me call at 703 281 7847 if you have questions.

mary ellen

Unknown said...

Mary Ellen,
I saw your work at the Charlottesville Arts Gallery, and loved it! Do you do any custom work? I have a special bottle that I would love to have made into a cheese platter as a special gift. Please contact me at Lan9n@virginia.edu.

Thanks!